Patricia Cornwell will sign and discuss The Bone Bed (Putnam; $28.95).
Patricia Corwell's most recent bestsellers include Red Mist, Port Mortuary, and Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper--Case Closed. Her earlier works include Postmortem--the only novel to win five major crime awards in a single year--and Cruel and Unusual, which won Britain's prestigious Gold Dagger Award for the best crime novel of 1993. Dr. Kay Scarpetta herself won the 1999 Sherlock Award for the best detective created by an American author.
(author photo credit: Matthew Sukkar © 2012 Cornwell Entertainment, Inc.)
We are thrilled to be celebrating the 20th book in the Kay Scarpeta series with a special offsite event with Patricia Cornwell.
This will be a ticketed event.
- $35 includes a copy of The Bone Bed (Putnam; $28.95) and self parking at the venue.
- $7 companion tickets will be available for people attending the event with someone who has purchased a $35 ticket.
- Doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
- The book will be available to pick up at the event or at the store on October 16. (you must have your ticket in order to pick up your book)
- If you would like to order a signed copy of the book but aren't attending the event, you can do that below.
- A copy of The Bone Bed must be purchased from MBTB in order to go through the signing line and get anything signed.
- Ms. Cornwell will sign as many copies of The Bone Bed as customers wish to purchase, as well as older titles from her backlist. We ask that customers with more than 3 older titles wait at the end of the line to ensure that everyone who purchased The Bone Bed can go through the line as quickly as possible.
- Ms. Cornwell will have a photographer with her, and the photographer will be taking pictures of each fan getting their book signed and the pictures will be posted to her facebook page . In order to keep the line moving, there will be no posed photos.
A woman has vanished while digging a dinosaur bone bed in the remote wilderness of Canada. Somehow, the only evidence has made its way to the inbox of Chief Medical Examiner Kay Scarpetta, over two thousand miles away in Boston. She has no idea why. But as events unfold with alarming speed, Scarpetta begins to suspect that the paleontologist's disappearance is connected to a series of crimes much closer to home: a gruesome murder, inexplicable tortures, and trace evidence from the last living creatures of the dinosaur age.
When she turns to those around her, Scarpetta finds that the danger and suspicion have penetrated even her closest circles. Her niece Lucy speaks in riddles. Her lead investigator, Pete Marino, and FBI forensic psychologist and husband, Benton Wesley, have secrets of their own. Feeling alone and betrayed, Scarpetta is tempted by someone from her past as she tracks a killer both cunning and cruel.
This is Kay Scarpetta as you have never seen her before. "The Bone Bed" is a must read for any fan of this series, or an ideal starting point for new readers.
If you would like to order a signed copy of the book, but don't plan on attending the event, you can do that here.