Jess Armstrong's debut novel The Curse of Penryth Hall won the Mystery Writers of America/Minotaur First Crime Novel Competition. She has a masters degree in American History but prefers writing about imaginary people to the real thing. Jess lives in New Orleans with her historian husband, two sons, yellow cat, speckled dog, and the world's most pampered school-fair goldfish. And when she's not working on her next project, she's probably thinking about cheese, baking, tweeting or some combination of the above. You can find her on Twitter at or see what's new on her website.
Celeste Connally is an Agatha Award nominee, and a former freelance writer and editor. A lifelong devotee of historical novels and adaptations fueled by her passion for history--plus weekly doses of PBS Masterpiece--Celeste loves reading and writing about women from the past who didn't always do as they were told.
If you're attending the event:
- A copy of the author's new book must be purchased from MBTB in order to obtain a line number and get anything signed.
- Line Numbers for the event will be available starting the day the book goes on sale, but you can preorder at any time and we'll pull a number for you when the book is released.
- Seating and parking are first come, first served.
- If you're unsure you can make the event and would like your copy personalized / inscribed, please include personalization information in the order comments.
- Our signing policies can be found here.
If you can't make an event and need to order signed copies:
- If you would like your copy personalized, please include inscription information in the order comments.
- If your order contains a preorder, it will not ship until it's complete. If you would prefer to have your books shipped as they're released we recommend placing separate orders or ordering in batches with similar release dates.
- Signed / personalized copies won't ship until after the event. You'll receive tracking info from stamps.com
“A delightful debut.” –People
An atmospheric gothic mystery that beautifully brings the ancient Cornish countryside to life, Armstrong introduces heroine Ruby Vaughn in her Minotaur Books & Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Award-winning debut, The Curse of Penryth Hall.
Bridgerton meets Agatha Christie in Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Lord, a dazzling first entry in a captivating new Regency-era mystery series with a feminist spin from Celeste Connally.