When attending one of Murder By The Book's signing events please keep the following in mind:
1. The talk/reading is free. However, if you want to get any books signed, (including audiobooks, movie memorabilia, e-readers, other items), the author's newest book must be purchased from Murder By The Book.
We are able to get authors to the store by telling the publisher that we'll sell a certain number of books. If we're unable to meet the publisher's expecations they will be hesitant to send an author to our store again. It also means the publisher may not send other authors we've requested.
2. You may bring earlier books to be signed, but a limit may be imposed for authors who draw very large crowds. Most authors will sign their newest book and three additional titles.
3. For most signings, numbers will start being handed out on the day the book goes on sale, with attendees lining up for the signing in groups of ten. Line numbers are given out with the purchase of the author's new book. If you preorder a book, we'll pull a number for you the day the book goes on sale, but customers in the store (or on the phone) when we open that day will get the lower numbers.
4. Please do not park in front of any of the open businesses in the shopping center. For large events, additional street parking can be found on Morningside, and South Blvd. We also ask that you do not park behind the store. This area is for employees and authors.
5. Space at signings can get tight, with customers in very close quarters. Please keep this in mind when wearing scents or fragrances to an event.
6. Unless provided by the store, food is not permitted at events. We do allow beverages, but ask that it has a lid, and that you throw away the empty cup or bottle instead of leaving it on the floor under the chair. If there is a spill, please let a staff member know immediately.
When sending books to be signed:
1. We'll get THREE books that you send signed for every ONE copy of the new book purchased from us. Restrictions may be imposed for authors who draw large crowds.
2. Even if you've already talked to a staff member about sending books, please include a note in the box detailing how many copies of the new book you would like to purchase, how would you like them signed, and your contact information.
If you still have questions, please don't hesitate to call or email. Thank you!