We're very excited to announce that Murder By The Book will be organizing and hosting BOOK LOVERS CARE, a collectible book auction benefiting natural disaster relief. The book-loving community is a generous one and we're hoping this news gets spread far and wide. Authors, readers, collectors - we're looking at you!
We're currently soliciting donations of signed/collectible books and book-related items to be auctioned off online. While Murder By The Book specializes in crime fiction, we are looking for books of all genres.
* 90% of the money raised will go to Direct Relief, a highly-rated charity providing worldwide relief, specifically to areas affected by Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Maria, and the Mexico City earthquake.
* 10% of the money raised will go to the BINC Foundation - the Book Industry Charitable Foundation, providing aid to booksellers in time of crisis.
* Please mail all donations to the following:
Murder By The Book
Attn: Book Lovers Care
2342 Bissonnet St.
Houston, TX 77005
* We will be accepting donations through the end of October, with the hope of the auction occurring in November - just in time for holiday gift-giving!
* While any donation of a book is a good deed, we are specifically looking for signed first editions, limited editions, unique book swag, and unique items that would bring excitement to an auction because of their value and rarity. We are not looking for used paperbacks. If you're looking to donate them, we suggest Operation Paperback.
* For any specific questions or media inquiries regarding this, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org